Updated 31th March 2020


18th March 2020

Fiat Nationals Coronavirus Update

It is with great difficulty the organising committee for the 2020 Fiat Nationals must announce the event is to be postponed. Whilst we have worked extremely hard on developing a format that allows the event to run under the current circumstances, reducing the social interactions of our event strips away the very core of what the Fiat Nationals is all about. The social interactions between our entrants is what makes our event special, and this is something we are not willing to compromise. Putting the health and wellbeing of our entrants first has been our priority, and we thank you for your feedback over the last couple of weeks as this global situation has unfolded.

Looking ahead, the Fiat Nationals will still be hosted in Goulburn at some stage over the next 12 months. Whilst we are yet to do a complete calendar review, it may be that April 2021 is the next best opportunity to run our event, as the school holidays for the states will all line up. We will do our best to lock in a date, and advise all entrants long in advance. Naturally, the Coronavirus needs to be in our rear view mirror before we can proactively engage the forward planning.

The 2020 Fiat Nationals is left with an obligation to still use the Wakefield Park facility Friday April 3rd. We are working closely with another event on transfer of track booking, but this new event will be an Italian car event as well. If you have a car prepped (which you should), we are calling on you to support this event with an entry once it is announced. It is fair to say we are all due a day behind the wheel to bring a smile on our faces after this. The 2020 Fiat Nationals will be actively promoting this event as soon as it is confirmed.

The team at Mercure Goulburn have been fantastic during this situation. If you have a booking at the hotel, please contact them to cancel/postpone your booking. If you are considering coming to the Wakefield Park track day April 3rd, why not stay at the Mercure Friday night and have a beer with us!

As you can imagine, the sudden position to refund entrants has certainly caught us out. We have directed much of the entry funds into the bookings for our event, and we are now work on trying to recover 100% of our funds deposited back to our event account. Once resolved, we will be able to review how we manage the refunds, if we can refund all entrants in entirety, and the most efficient way to refund entrants. Please be patient, this will take us a week or two.

Our plan is to roll everything and everyone associated with the current event into the next one, and hit the ground running. I would like to thank the hard work of our event committee, we had an incredible event lined up. Your time and effort has been truly appreciated, and we can’t thank you enough. I would also like to thank our 2020 event sponsors for their generosity in supporting our event.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this situation, and stay safe.